it's all moving by so fast. This past weekend I went with three friends to Tarragona, a town that has a lot of Roman ruins. it was very beautiful and it was a very relaxing day. We went because it was a holiday (Dia de Pilar). On Saturday, a friend and I explored a huge garden in the northern part of Barcelona - it was very beautiful and will probably go back for a good studying spot. On Sunday I went to an Evangelical church which had it's service at noon. The sermon was from a text in Isaiah in which God was telling them to leave and separate themselves from Babylon. There are a lot of challenges in a big city and I need to keep reminding myself that even though I am in the world I am not of the world. And so i should be careful about what i "touch" or what I involve myself with. That's what i learned anyways, but even if my spanish skills failed me in my translation, i still learned and thought. The people at the church were mostly elderly people but so very nice. One man just kind of took me around, introducing me to everyone. He also introduced me to (actually just told me about) two other students that attend their church. I call the three of us the "token young people." i don't really like the situation so i'm trying to get more BCA peeps to come with me next time. but i enjoyed the fellowship and will most likely return.
This weekend i'm heading to Morocco :) (okay, so the smiley face doesn't do justice to my feelings, but alas, it points in the right direction). I'm leaving on Thursday and i really cannot wait. It's been too long and i'll be glad to talk face to face. i have a slight aversion to talking with a time delay and a mic that is semi-functional (legitimate word?). I'm also slightly disappointed :( (reference to above parenthetical ^) that i have no camera. i just wish that i had a way to share my experiences with you all, my family, besides writing. i guess we are in an image-oriented world nowadays and the blog would be much more fun with them...alas... ´ñ) (think picasso). so, i'm going to eat lunch now because it's 2:40 and i'm hungry. another update upon my return...
Diech
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Have a wonderful family reunion in Morocco! Hug em tight for us. Even an European kiss'll do.
Yes, stay conformed to Christ and nonconformed to the world. The benefits are amazing. Love, Dad
I can't wait to see you!! You know I'm excited by the fact that i'll be getting out of bed tomorrow morning before 5 to take the train to meet you at the airport :) I'm looking forward to all those hugs!
Love you, Carmen
By they way, you can definately use our camera when you are here. Vous etes chez vous (You are at home). Carmen
Dietrich, Wow. A park in your city. . . wish we had one. If only I could meet the mayor again, I'd bring up the idea instead of counting to five in Arabic. Alas! Have fun in Morocco. Maybe you guys could Skype me! =) Anita
Post a Comment