Monday, October 29, 2007

Morroco

Two weekends ago was when i went to Morrocco and it was good to have some time to chill, play with the Lydia and Dara, talk and compete with Carmen and Jason, and explore the city. Dara likes to play hide-and-seek and coloring, and Lydia enjoys wrestling, tickling, and testing out arabic and english words along with the occasional valiant effort to say my name. She's actually very good at it and can say it better than most Spaniards! ha ha. Carmen, Jason and I got in 3 games of Settlers. I believe Carmen won 2, Jason won 1, and i won the rest. however disappointing this was, i did manage to rack up 420 odd points (jason, do you remember?) playing scrabble. It was a very relaxing weekend, and you all were such good hosts. They fixed me pancakes and gravy, macarroni and cheese, artichokes, pizza, mashed potatoes, etc.... None of which i have had in Spain, so it was great to be able to eat some American food for once! we also went out one evening to take a tour of the city and we ate typical morroccan food at a restaurant. it was oh so good!
Here we are at the restaurant. we love each other (except when she's beating me at settlers :)
how could one be sad with all that tasty food looking at you. the smells were terriffic!
We also visited a granary, which was massive. Here we are in the middle of the massivity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dietch, I'm with Sylvia--your commentary is hilarious and makes me smile every time. I liked your use of "massivity". Thanks for updating and yay for pictures (from the Lords of Catan, I'm assuming)! Love, Anita

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning all the other games of Settlers :) We miss you already! Love, the de-throned Lady of Catan

Anonymous said...

And Morocco (has two c's and one r), just for future reference :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it was 420 pts, at least. Scrabble is the only game I can enjoy playing while getting beat so badly. Bravo! J

Rhodes Base Unit said...

Fantastic picture of you and Carmen under the arches! The depth of field and shadows are amazing. Dad