Friday, November 23, 2007

I went on a small excursion to Sitges last weekend with a few friends. Sitges is a small fishing town which is about a 35-40 minute train ride from Barcelona. We walked around the town for about half the day and then took the train back home. The train, however, did not take us all the way back to Barcelona. One stop before the Barcelona station everyone just cleared out and we were a little confused. Finally we asked somebody if the train would go to Barcelona and he kindly told us that it would not, in fact. So we scurried to get out of the train before it headed back to Sitges! So we had to get on a bus that took us back to Plaza España. The train system is a little messed up because of some construction difficulties, so the ride was basically free!

The Church in Sitges that overlooks the sea - there was a wedding there that day.
I'm gonna call this one "random chameleon (spelling?) perched on a wall."
Two friends that went with me, Yuko and Tana.

It was a good time overall and a pretty little town to see.

and...
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!
Last night the BCA group went out to a restaurant for a Thanksgiving meal, courtesy of the BCA program. It was sooo tasty - we had turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, artichokes, and some apple dessert with café con leche afterwards - I admit, I was craving pumpkin pie. I am so thankful to have had this wonderful experience here in Barcelona, but am also looking forward to being with family again. The next three weeks will go by soo fast, i know it, and I'm gonna soak it all in while I can. I decided to drop my Metaphysics class and I'm taking it as an oyente (auditing) instead. This will take a little pressure off as the end is nearing. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the walnut-smashing (brings back good memories) and settlers from the home-base! Were there any "inadvertant" cases of dropping the bread into the fondue?

Much Love from Spain!
Diech

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting territory. Looking forward to seeing a bit of it!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Gotta love public transportation. I like the picture of the chameloen. Can't wait to see you next week! love ya, Carmen

A said...

Wow! At first I thought that chameleon (correct spelling b/c I looked it up!) was . . . NOT a chameleon. Can't believe you only have three weeks left! Hope you enjoy the rest of it.