'Twas the night before Christmas,
when all through the streets
one creature was stirring, searching for treats
our stockings and caps we put on with care
in hopes that some goodies we'd find and we'd share
most children were nestled all snug in their beds,
but brother and I had got an idea in our heads;
and I in my overalls and brother in his parka,
hopped in the green car to see if the ignition would sparka.
When out of the darkness there arose such a clatter
and I sprang from the car to see what was the matter.
Away to the dumpster I flew like a flash,
lifted the lid and stood there, aghast!
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but brother with cakes and more than one asparagus spear!
then as dry leaves that before a wild hurricane do fly
brother and I, we left, quick, and with pleasant sigh.
And to the next dumpster and the next one we flew
and the sleigh we did fill with bagels and a mango, too.
both our eyes twinkled and our cheeks were all rosy
as we returned to the house (not so warm or so cozy).
And we went through our loot both my brother and I
and we sorted it all out as midnight drew nigh.
We filled up the fridge and then filled up the pantry
and then sat down to a supper that was not chinese (snow peas?) but still pretty fancy.
THE END
A Poem in Pictures...
On Christmas day we slept in till 10 and then went over to the Bear's for a Christmas lunch with the relatives (we were Aunt Violette's boys for the day, along with Rudy). It was great fun and food. After enjoying the warm weather outside by tossing the Frisbee around, a group of us went caroling for a bunch of people that I didn't know. It was a good time. After this, Philip and I went back home and started watching the second of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. About partway through, Angela and Meredith came over and we finished the movie and started watching the third one.
Overall a very enjoyable Christmas but I missed everyone terribly - it just didn't seem like Christmas without you all. The most important thing is that we are all celebrating for the same reason and hopefully we will be together in a few years to share stories that revolve around Emmanuel. He is very present indeed!
Our thoughts are with the Whitmer and Beery families - we'll keep praying
que la paz de nuestro Dios este dentro de todos vosotros
Love you!!
Diech
5 comments:
Ha ha! Are you sure you weren't on "shrooms"?! I loved the re-worked famous Christmas poem, and the feast didn't look too bad after all. Seemed like the only thing missing (besides the rest of us!) was the roast beast. Merry Christmas
Great work on the poem! I read it to dara and she thought it was funny too. The meal did look good. I miss you two. Love, Carmen
hilarious. you ought to put more of that wit to rhyme. it looks like you're having fun being together again. j
This was a good post. But it's old now. Hint. :-) I especially liked the rhyming of "parka" with "sparka"
- Jared
Still with Christmas, men???? Um, hello, hate to tell you but that was a month ago! New blog time. Happy Birthday Dietrich. Candice
Post a Comment