Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmastime in a faraway land...

We had a wonderful Christmas in Spain! I was so blessed to have Mom and Dad, Carmen and Jason, and Lydia and Dara to hang out with (Mom was sick much of the time - but I think she's all better now). They flew in on the 6th and stayed till the 11th - not near enough time! We mostly just enjoyed each other's company and occasionally we went out to enjoy the city, going to the Museum of Catalunya, La Sagrada Familia, La Casa Batlló, the Gothic Quarter, La Boquería and the University. It was also a time to remember the reason why we celebrate and the reason why we live. If He had not lived and breathed and been resurrected from dead, we would not be able to bear testimony to him living and breathing in us today.


This piece of cloth, gifted from Tom to Jason, can alledgedly be used in 100 different ways. Here we have Jason demonstrating just one of them.
Dara got some books: Namely, Charlotte's Web, and The Mouse and the Motorcylce
Mom got a cafetera, turrón, and a scarf from me

We took a hike up to Montjuic and the Olympic Plaza one afternoon - it was a tad chilly
They love each other - and I love them!!! Thanks so much for honoring Barcelona with your presence! See you all on the 5th.

I enjoyed all the talking and laughing with the family. Dad, Jason, and I got in a game of Scrabble (Dad wins) and we also played rook (Me!) and quiddler (Jason? IBID). We also ate lots of good food and watched some home videos of Camping, Elliot, Claire and Eliza, and Dara and Lydia, as well as Lydia's birth and much more! Coming Soon from Nap and Snack Inc.: Around the world in 36(?) days - a documentary of Empty Nest Syndrome from Spain to Thailand. But really, I am looking forward to some more Christmas videos when you all get home.

On a different note altogether - I am finished with exams! Tuesday was my last exam and now I'm hanging around Barcelona until Sunday, which is when I fly home. I'm looking forward to hanging out with the core group next weekend!

Travel safe, Mom and Dad!!
Love you All!
Diech

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting us Dietch! I loved the city and just hanging out with you, mom and dad. I am grateful for the time we had even though it was short. And don't forget the words we coined (catorquing (nice use of the word on M&S's blog), scritch) :) Love you, Carmen

Anonymous said...

Nice collection of pictures. Glad you're home safe and sound. Dad