So I got to spend an evening and a morning with Mom and Dad before they headed off to Morocco. This was just a teaser (a delightful one), for they will be back in less than a week with more of the fam. Can't wait!!! Sooo, they arrived on time and I admit that I went to the wrong terminal at first, but I realized my mistake (even after being in Spain for 2 months i can still read! *round of applause*), so i hauled my butt over to terminal A and there I found them. It was soo very good to see them and to recieve and give hugs (thanks goes out to those that sent their hugs with Mom and Dad). So we went and they met my host-mom, Marta and I got to be the translator. After this we went to get lunch and then proceeded to the hotel where they slept off some jet-lag and that gave me time to go home and grab my sweatshirt. So after the rest we went out to a little local restaurant and had some autehentic spanish food. On Saturday morning we caught the bus (just in time) to get to the airport where I saw them off. I didn't want to let them go, but alas, they left me. I was so depressed that I took the next bus to the city of Girona...
Intermission: I was also so depressed that I went from this...
...Once in Girona I wandered aimlessely and despondently through the beautiful city streets and the cathedral. I also went to the museum of art and the archeological museum. It was a really beautiful city - one of my favorites so far! It was definitely worth the 3.90€.
and yesterday I went to the Mennonite church for the second time. It was a very good time of worship and we also had communion - although I think the preacher took some stabs at our tradition of feet-washing (maybe i just didn't understand the spanish?). Anyhow, this week I have three days of classes, which would be my final three days of classes, and then there is a holiday on Thursday and Friday, which is excellent because the fam is coming on Thursday (can't wait to be with yall!!). What is not so excellent is that I have to study for exams which will take place the following week (Monday and Tuesday). yikes! and then i go home...for Christmas!!! Can't wait to spend some quality time with the remaining family at home.
Love you all!!!
Diech
Special thanks goes out to Bek for the pumpkin seeds! - they are supercalifragilicious!
7 comments:
Sorry to have to take them from you, but we've been having a great time with mom and dad here! :) Post should be coming soon. I can't wait to see you in less than a week! I'm not sure I'll recognize you without the beard :) Your sis in MA
Hey Dietrich, fine host of Barcelona! Really enjoyed our time there and are looking forward to being there again! See you soon!
Dietrich, Thanks for posting! I hadn't heard at all from mom and dad or seen any signs of them safely overseas until this. Glad you enjoyed the seeds...I'll try to have the dewey buns for you when you return- or you can help us make them. No school cancellations thus far, though today we had a wind advisory and flurries galore!!! Can't wait to see you on the 17th. -Rebekah
You know who you look like in that pic? Sean Showalter! It's a face he would do too. :). Very fun post. Thanks for the pics and fun times.
Great post Dietrich. Are you recovering from your depression, or are you still wondering around from city to city eating apples and touring museums? By the way, the apple picture is my favorite - it is a really striking picture! You should enter it in a contest!
Looking forward to seeing you the end of this month!
-Sylvia
Hey! Glad to see Dad and Mom made it safe--though I'm sorry you had to cut your wild facial hair in abject depression. Send them to me just as safe, OK? Your sis in IL
we have a sis in Illinois? adopted?
Post a Comment